Monday, June 15, 2009
Post Goals
It is our goal to have our "Houses" up and running by the first day of school. Each post will have about one week or so before it is put to rest. I will be posting different issues and questions concerning the "Houses" all this week. If you have a question that you would like to post to the group, please email me at vasallob@gmail.com and I will create a new post. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The first day absolutely! I really hope it will be the focus of activities on day 1.
ReplyDeleteI think it is important to present the Program as an established program, rather than "we're trying this out and would like the students to work everything out." So I think some parts shouldbe pretty solidified, other aspects could be open to process as the year goes on. On the first day we should be very solid on the foundations of the House system and each house parent should be well informed. On the first day, we need to be able to articulate the basics of this program and invite the students to fill in their part.
ReplyDeleteI also like that this blog is located in California time, so it looks like we're all busy VERY early in the morning!
ReplyDeleteLOL that's funny. I didn't even notice that.
ReplyDeleteI agree, John, that as faculty we should be well-informed and not look like we're stumbling around in the dark. I am reading and participating in this blog because I want and need to learn everything I can about what's going to happen. John, you obviously have lived with House systems in the past and they are not an abstraction to you. They are to me. I'm trying to fashion in my mind what this new thing is and how it will work and what its purpose is, and this formative discussion helps me to do that. I want to feel comfortable with this new concept well in advance of students walking onto campus the first day!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe basic structures should all be in place on D-Day. The kids will be much more comfortable and creative if they are not bickering over the basics. I think a good chunk of our first teacher days should be dedicated to planning this program (maybe at the expense of Homeland Security briefings).
ReplyDelete